Informative note under art. 13 European regulation 679/2016
Pursuant to the art. 13 of the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”), and in relation to the personal data that Italy Trust Lawyers will acquire as a consequence of the activities that you request, we inform you as follows:
Personal Data Protection:
Owner and Responsible Subject
Mr Saverio Bartoli (VAT 04368260487), via Antonio Giacomini, n.30, Florence, Italy, is the owner for data processing. The Owner can be contacted through the certified mail (in Italian “PEC”): firstname.lastname@example.org. Italy Trust Lawyers has not appointed any “Data Protection Responsible Subject” (or “RPD” or “Data Protection Officer”, or “DPO”).
Data Processing Purpose
The personal data processing activity has the goal to allow the correct and complete fulfilment of the requested activities and professional engagements, both in court and out of court. Your data will also be processed in order to:
- fulfil the obligations in compliance with tax and accounting rules;
- fulfil the obligations upon the lawyer and required by the current legislation.
The processing of personal data is carried out through manual and technological means (including handheld device) and processed with methods strictly necessary to meet the afore-mentioned purposes.
Legal basis for the processing
The law firm manages/treats your personal data lawfully, where the processing:
- it is necessary for the execution of the assignment or for a contract of which you are part or for the execution of pre-contractual measures adopted upon your request;
- it is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation on the lawyer;
- it is based on the express approval such as, for example, to send a newsletter by Italy Trust lawyers.
Implications from not providing personal data
With respect to personal data concerning the fulfilment of a contract you are a part of or concerning the fulfilment of a regulatory requirement (for example the obligations related to book keeping, accounting and tax records), the failure to provide personal data represents an obstacle to successfully create a contract.
Your personal data, subject to processing activities for the purposes indicated above, will be kept for the duration of the contract and, afterwards, for the period of time the lawyer is subject to obligations for tax or other purposes required by laws or regulations.
Your personal data may be communicated to third parties such as the following ones:
- consultants and accountants or other lawyers who provide activities instrumental to the purposes indicated above;
- banking and insurance institutions that provide activities instrumental to the purposes indicated above;
- persons that process the data in compliance with specific obligations as per the law;
- Judicial or administrative authorities, for the fulfilment of obligations as per the law.
Data profiling and distribution
Your personal data are not subject to distribution, disclosure, nor to any fully automated processing, including profiling.
Rights of the concerned
Among the rights that you are entitled to as per the GDPR there is also the right to:
- ask the lawyer for access to your personal data and information relating to it; the amendment of inaccurate data or the integration of incomplete data; the cancellation of personal data concerning you (upon the occurrence of one of the conditions indicated in the GDPR, art. 17, paragraph 1, and in compliance with the exceptions provided in paragraph 3 of the same article); the restrictions of the processing of your personal data (in the event of one of the cases indicated in the GDPR, article 18, paragraph 1);
- request and obtain from the lawyer – in the events where the legal basis for the processing is the contract or the approval, and the same is carried out by automated means – your personal data in a structured and automated device-readable format, also for the purpose to communicate such data to another data owner (so called personal data portability right);
- oppose the processing of your personal data at any time in the event of particular situations that concern you;
- withdraw the approval at any time, limited to cases where the processing is based on your approval for one or more specific purposes and concerns ordinary personal data (for example, date and place of birth or place of residence), or particular categories of data (for example data revealing your racial origin, your political opinions, your religious beliefs, your health or sexual orientation). The processing activities based on the approval and carried out prior to the withdraw preserves, however, remain lawful;
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority (Data Protection Authority – garanteprivacy.it).